Saturday, May 21, 2016

Spartan Race: Montana Beast and Sprint May 7 & 8, 2016

This was my first spartan race of the season. Great weather, not as cold as last year. I was racing in the competitive heat for the beast which I ended up being 26th overall and 5th in my age group. I ran with my Suunto Ambit2 watch and recorded the trek being 20.7km with an elevation gain of 1205 meters. I completed this beast in 3hours 36min which qualified me for the OCRWC 2016! :) There was a total of 30 obstacles with 1 multi-rig right before the fire jump. I did 0 burpees that day!
Next day was the Spartan Sprint. This race was the first out of 5 being broadcast on NBC so many of the pros just raced today. I entered the elite heat as well to see how my time would compare. I finished 69th with a time of 1hr 34min. This was a very long sprint; my suunto recorded 8.9km and 534 meters in elevation. My javelin throw was short this day.
Overall a great weekend. Pretty happy with the results from my training. Next to come are some hikes in Costa Rica, and then some more races in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment