Saturday, July 15, 2017

Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

I decided to do a night hike across the cliffs of Moher. They are located on the coast south west of Galway. Since it was cloudy when I arrived in the evening, I was going to wait until the morning. I was trekking all night 42km in about 9 hours. 3 of those hours were full of wind and rain. I was the only one on the cliffs. During the night i ran with my head lamp. All i can see is little specks for eyeballs from.the cows and sheep. I also seen a cat, and what looked like a small fox. In addition there were 4 horses following right next to me so i never knew what would happen. I believe the cliffs are 5km long, and then another 15km to get to the northern town. My suunto watch recorded a total of 1200m ascend. The views in the morning were spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment